A fourth-generation Floridian, Allison has more than 15 years of experience in public relations and is dedicated to the profession. Before founding Allison Aubuchon Communications in 2016, she served as the Florida state communications & external affairs director for the Foundation for Excellence in Education and the Foundation for Florida’s Future, where she managed communications and grassroots initiatives in support of student-centered education reform statewide. Prior to joining the Foundation, she served as press secretary for the Florida Senate Majority Office, promoting the legislative priorities and accomplishments of the majority party and providing communication services to lawmakers and their staff. Her experience also includes serving as public relations manager for Capital City Bank and as PR account manager / corporate communications manager for Kidd Group.
Allison graduated from the University of Florida with a degree in public relations and from Florida State University with a master’s degree in media and communication studies, later earning accreditation in public relations (APR Certification) from the Florida Public Relations Association. She is a Florida Blue Key alumni member and a lifetime member of Delta Delta Delta.
Living in Tallahassee with her husband, Josh, and their two sons, Allison enjoys gardening and giving time to organizations and causes near to her heart. She currently serves on the Tallahassee Board of Trustees for the Florida House on Capitol Hill (Florida’s “embassy” in Washington, D.C.), along with the UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital’s Tallahassee Leadership Council and the marketing committee for the LeMoyne Chain of Parks Art Festival.
- Master’s in Media and Communication Studies with an Art History cognate, Florida State University
- Bachelor of Science in Public Relations with a concentration in Recreation, Parks & Tourism, University of Florida
- Florida House on Capitol Hill (Florida’s “embassy” in Washington, D.C.), Tallahassee Board of Trustees Member (2019-present)
- UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital’s Tallahassee Leadership Council Member (2019-present)
- LeMoyne Chain of Parks Art Festival: Marketing Chair (2010), Marketing Committee (2009, 2011-2013, 2018-2019, 2021)
- Florida Public Relations Association: Member (2006-present), Board Member/Newsletter Editor (2010-2011 yr.), Board Member/Student Liaison (2009-2010 yr.), Board Member/Secretary (2012-2013 yr.)
- Sunshine State Ball: Exclusive Media Sponsor (2019)
- Florida Jazz and Blues Festival: Community Partner through Media Relations Support (2016)
- Capital Area Gator Club: Public Relations Chair (2010-2011 yr.)
- Women Against Multiple Sclerosis of Tallahassee Luncheon: Board Member & PR Chair (2008 and 2009)
- University of Florida Alumni Association Member
- Florida Blue Key Member
- Delta Delta Delta Lifetime Member
- 40 Gators Under 40, University of Florida (2021)
- Accredited in Public Relations
- FPRA Image Awards: Award of Distinction, American Heart Association Water Access Video (2021)
- FPRA Capital Chapter Image Awards: Image Award, American Heart Association Water Access Video (2021)